Think you don’t need Identity Theft Protection? Think Again.
Identity theft is consistently the number one complaint to the Federal Trade Commission. Rampant data breaches, impacting millions of records, are putting consumers at great risk of identity theft. It can happen to anyone – regardless of your age and income, where you live, or how careful you are.
Restoring your identity on your own can be time‐consuming and stressful. After a while, some people give up, potentially leaving them to contend with ruined credit, fraudulent bills, and even criminal records.
First Community Bank has partnered with one of the nation’s most trusted names in identity theft protection to provide a comprehensive Identity Theft Recovery Service.
Fully Managed Identity Theft Recovery
If you suspect identity theft, or if your personal information becomes compromised, contact us. We will assign a personal Recovery Advocate who will complete the recovery work on your behalf, report progress along the way, and be there for you until your good name is restored – no matter how long it takes!
Based on the incident, your Recovery Advocate will:
- Assist in placing fraud alerts at the three major credit bureaus,
- Review your credit report and other records to identify the extent of fraudulent activity,
- Work to remediate all fraudulent transactions, false accounts, and/or contracts signed,
- Support law enforcement as they work to stop the criminal(s) using your identity, and
- Follow up with you for 12 months
Lost Document Replacement
If important documents are lost or stolen, your Recovery Advocate will work for you to obtain replacements for the missing documentation.
Fully Managed Identity Theft Recovery automatically extends to cover three generations of your family (3G), including:
- Spouse or domestic partner
- Dependents under age 25 with the same permanent address
- IRS‐qualified dependents
- Parents living with you or in elder care (nursing home, assisted living, or hospice)
All 3G family members are covered for a full 12 months after death as well—an important benefit as identity thieves often target deceased individuals.
Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance
Also included is up to $25,000* of Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance. This benefit covers out‐of‐pocket expenses incurred during the recovery of your identity, such as attorney’s fees, lost wages, and more. Credit Monitoring Entitlement If you choose to activate this complimentary benefit, we will monitor your credit for new activity that may signal identity theft, with alerts sent by email and optional SMS text message often as daily. Extends to Primary Accountholder only. See Terms and Conditions for details.
Entitlement to Credit Monitoring
If you decide to activate this service you will receive alerts of changes to your credit file that could signal identity theft. We can even send the alerts to you in a text message for ease of use and rapid communication. The entitlement is applicable to individuals age 18 and older who have a valid credit file.
Note: You must follow an easy activation process in order to receive the benefits of credit monitoring. If you have a Community, Relationship, or Platinum checking account and you want to learn more about how to activate your no-cost credit monitoring click here and click on the blue “Sign Up” button. Next, enter your unique enrollment ID, complete your profile, and answer the identity authentication questions to activate this service. If you have questions or need your enrollment ID, please contact us.
* Identity theft insurance is underwritten by Lyndon Southern Insurance Company, a member of the Fortegra family of companies. The information provided is a program summary. Please refer to the Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Evidence of Coverage forms for additional information including details of benefits, specific exclusions, terms, conditions and limitations of coverage. Coverage is currently not available in NY and may not be available in other U.S. territories or jurisdictions
- Evidence of Coverage - Texas Residents
- Evidence of Coverage - non-Texas Residents
- Terms and Conditions 20170214
If you do not have a Community Advantage, Community Relationship, or Platinum checking account, we are pleased to present you with the option to purchase a package of services for a low monthly or annual fee. To review the features in each package and to subscribe, please click here.